Pages

Saturday 12 May 2012

The Wedded Bliss



I am a today's Gal. I am a girl of new hi-tech era. I'm independent, strong, self-sufficient and I belong to Mumbai - a city that neva sleeps. I want everything smart like my smart phone. I get what I want myself, keeping in mind what I can afford. Like every girl of today's info tech age I am smart, bold and I know what is good or bad.

Though I flaunt through my attitude that- “I’m a girl, so what!!! Do
I need a man to buy me a house or frost me with diamond or help me to survive???...!!! "

haan!!! Nooo..Noo wez...

I'm not a damsel in distress but I'm a girl who has strong inner-strength.

And I know am not unique or special there are thousands and millions of girls like me in this city who are struggling their existence as a strong female with the faith, determination, dedication and confidence on their femininity.

But like every common girl on this planet I too spin a beautiful dream of my wedding.

And today this dream was provoked by my colleagues news of marriage. In the office today, when she gave me this good news I was damn happy for her.

But deep within me it created a lollapalooza kinda thing. This lollapalooza thing within, haunted me throughout the day. Seeing her happy and blushing all day long I myself got impatient of getting married. Not because I am desperate or not because seeing her cheerful and chirpy made me jealous but becoz I am a girl who just pretends to be strong, bold and independent. And there is a part of me jus like a dark side of the moon N like every modern girl who hides the emotional side - that part which still desires to be a bride, a traditional bride.

Today I was taken a back in my teen age days when I use to dream of having a very cultural and traditional Royal Maharashtrian wedding. I was inspired for this after watching a Marathi TV series based on Maharaj Shiv Chhatrapatti,a brave Maratha worrier king, who eradicated the tyrannical Moghal Empire from Deccan (south India) and established Swarajya i.e soverign republic government in Deccan in
18th century. - (I will surely mention in detail about Maharashtrian Weddings and Raja Shiv Chhatrapatti in a separate post)

Newez back to the 21st century and back to the present.

Today I am not sure that whether I can have such grand wedding eva specially afta the loss of ma parents.

But for a moment I felt she (my colleague) is getting lucky and I wondered when shall be I???

This question hindered me the whole day...

In the morning there was turbulence within me... there were storms inside me... I was so excited seeing her excitement and I was panic too.. I had an urgency of belonging legally to my Mr. Right but later on I recollected what my beloved mother.. My aai had told me about marriages. Though I’m a modern age girl I still have a faith on my mother’s words about marriage - that a marriage is a sacred union of male and female...

On the other hand I suddenly recollected a dialogue between Radha and Krisha in which Raddha interrogated Kirshna saying "Lord!!! If you love me then still why did you marry Rukmini (Krishna's wife)???" On which Lord Krishna answered "Radhe!!! I married Rikmini because a marriage requires two separate individuals where as we both are one".

Then I realized I already belong to him, I already belong to my Mr. Right who had stood beside me in all my glory as well as my dark my abysmal days. Who is my strength and who is the reason, I'm still alive.

In the morning I felt she is lucky and I wondered when shall be I!!! And at the end of the day Lord Krishna made me realize that I have My Mr. Right in my life and that I am already lucky.

And now all at once the panic, the storm, the fear of being alone,the turbulence, the fire has cool down. The urgency and the disturbance have vanished and all I have is tranquility and peace of mind.

Now in the true means I have "the bliss" - the "wedded bliss".

No comments:

Post a Comment