Pages

Thursday 24 May 2012

Small Lil Things


In the hustle - bustle of our day to day life we tend to forget or avoid or notify the existance of the small little things around us. The thing is we are awfully engrossed in our day to day chores and big things like managing the home, finances, investments, savings, office, health, fitness, etc we just turn a blind eye towards the small and little things 

But sometimes these small little things can make big impressions on us and easily can change our perception towards life. Today while I was busy making sandwiches for breakfast and my mind was busy maundering in the random thoughts, fears and anxieties of how my life has changed its path since I had lost my parents; then suddenly my attention was diverted by a smoky smell in my living room. (As in Mumbai Ghar shuru Hone se pehele hi khatam hote hai.. Similarly I have a small cute little house in the heart of the city)

When I turned around in the direction of the smell, I noticed that the burning diya (oil lamp) placed before lord Ganesha had just extinguished. Where there was a live burning flame before now there was just a diya emitting smoke. At that very moment my maundering and wondering mind was settled and a deep thought was aroused within me. Thought that burning flame was just a tiny thing but for me at that moment it was a perception changing experience.


The oil lamp (diya) thought me that the burning flame symbolizes life whereas the oil that helps the flame to glow refers to life supportive sources. Therefore it’s our job to source our life and body with healthy food, fresh air & proper lifestyle.

See how sometimes small little things awaken us and shows us the way of life.

After the loss of my parents Life always seemed to me very mysterious. I had just started thinking that now no one is there to advice me or teach me words of wisdom but now I am certainly aware that the guardian of my destiny is guiding me throughout. It made me realsie that there is plently to learn from the very small little things surrounding us.

Yes, big things like home, finances, investments, savings, office, health, fitness, etc.. etc.. etc.. are occupying but now even small little things matters to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment