Pages

Thursday 10 May 2012

Eternal v/s Material Soul

Nothing is permanent so do is the tomorrow.

Tomorrow brings the mornings-  the mornings which I love.

The morning sea waves and buzzing breeze; the chirping birds blissfully manifesting their joy by singing the morning song - "its morning... its morning" but I hate the most is the morning blues.

They spoil all my plans which I make every night laying down on my bed. Every night I deicide to get up early and go for a walk to see the rising sun, smell and breathe in the morning airs and do some yoga. But these dreams of night melt down and crack up like a cracking mirror every morning.

As every common human I drop this blame of my not getting up early on someone else. The blame of my morning laziness goes on over to my two quarrelsome selfs. One is my eternal self who does all the planning in the night of waking up early and like an angelic child my other self which I call “the material self" accede it innocently.

But in the mourning it shows its chaste behavior. When the birds sing and dance on their morning song, the sea breeze buzz around the city giving a wakeup call to all my fellow Mumbaikars and the waves with all the excitement dashes on the shore, I lie lazily in my teeny tiny apartment struggling to get up.

And it all begins with it – My eternal Self V/s My Material Self.

The eternal self is the mind and the Material self is the body. They both are quarrelsome they both are egotists. They both try to rule us. Sometimes the mind wins but in the morning overcoming the material self is very difficult.

The chattering discussing in the conference of my mind is as;

Eternal Self (All exited to explore the morning) – its 6:30 wow!!!.

Material self – It’s just 6:30 and the office is at 10:00 … 1 hr is sufficient to get ready and traveling just takes 15 mins… Please.. not today am still tired of yesterday’s hustle and bustle. And there is still plenty of time and its useless getting up and what can be done anyways.

(And sleeping in the morning it seems just perfect at the very moment.)

Eternal Self - But, what about rising early and cleaning the house and cooking the food?

Material Self  – Ohh!! Well it can be started all over tomorrow again. And the house is anyways clean – thanks to the Baai (maid) and when the food is available outside then why to cook. And it’s always tomorrow but today needs rest.

With all this flibbertigibbet discussion and conversation in my mind the time passes from 6:30 to 7:00 and from 7:00 it finally drops to 8:00 A.m. Then the same voice inside me shoots me an order “get up, its 8:00 or else it will be late” and Finally as I have no other options rather than gettin up 8:00 Am to start my same boring life.. Home – office, office - home...

I know every morning all of us have experienced this. And only because of them we, most of us, have- No Morning walks… No yoga… No morning excitement Yet!!!

The only things we have are “Disappointments”. Disappointments of - not conquering the lazy soul, not getting up early and continuous falling prey to adamant- laziness … laziness and laziness..

We all know that we all love to get up.. Rise up.. But the life which presently we all live with 10 hrs of working in a day - all this early morning excitement and enthusiasm gets killed.

It’s not the job who kills the excitement; it’s me, you and we all who kills it.

I know -I have a life of 24 hrs in a day. And I know I can conquer someday these quarrelsome selves within me who discuss, who continuously chatter, who are ninnyhammers and actually hammers ninny (sleep in childish lingo) on me every morning.

I know I only work around 10 hrs and I have 14 hrs still left for myself. In which I can actually live.

But When???

And I know I’m not the only one who is trapped in the debate of these selves. With me there are many people who have experienced this. And the only way to get or rise up, above from this is, conquering the material self.

Its truely said in the vedas that one who conqures and proves victorious on these morning blues is even able to conqure the world.

And surely people like me will soon stop pampering the material self who is witty and always comes up with all the good reasons to rise up late.

So Let’s judge this quarrel some day and release ourselves from this trap.

Surely we shall all smell the sweet fragrance of dawn and begin each morning with a New Beginning, soon…

But When???

The answer.. I know ..is within me…

Similarly like the answer is within me. The answer is within you.

So lets just answer this;

“But When???”

No comments:

Post a Comment